Slowly but, okay still slowly, we are nearing the end of August. This is the last month that the Senators aren't on the ice playing hockey! In fact, in just 18 days, the Senators prospects will start their rookie tournament against the Pittsburgh Penguins in Oshawa, Ontario or the 'Shwa if you will.
Here are today's links:
- Rogers Sportsnet released their broadcast schedule for the Senators, and they will pick up 52 games. With this news, 81 of the 82 games will be televised in the Ottawa market as of now. The lone missing game is February 15 in Florida, but hopefully it will be picked up by TSN2 or on NHL Centre Ice (for me anyway). (Ottawa Senators)
- A look at some offensive lines as well as defensive pairings. I think Erik Karlsson and Sergei Gonchar would be an excellent first pairing. Karlsson was our best offensive defenceman last year and Gonchar was our best defensive defenceman and hopefully he can have more points this year. (Too Many Men on the Site)
- And this is why American fans should be glad ESPN didn't get the NHL rights. Here they project Ryan Shannon's point totals as if he were still a member of the Senators. (The 6th Sens)
- James Gordon is the latest reporter to pick the Senators to finish last in the Eastern Conference. I guess it could happen, but I just don't think it is likely that things go as badly as they did last season. The goaltending situation, the scoring, the play of Chris Phillips and Filip Kuba, all four can only improve from last season. (Senators Extra)
- If any of you want to come down for the rookie tournament, here is the schedule as well as the prices. Two of the three Senators games are on the weekend, and tickets are $16 for adults for the two afternoon games. (General Motors Centre)
- It was rumoured that Sidney Crosby suffered a setback in his comeback, but then his agent denied it. As of now, the NHL season is still going to go ahead with or without Crosby, but stay tuned! (TSN)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team