Here's a look at the day's news for the Ottawa Senators:
- Jason Spezza will play tonight on a first line with Milan Michalek and Daniel Alfredsson. Shean Donovan and Jesse Winchester will be healthy scratches.
- Big changes tonight up front. Tonight's other forward lines: Kovalev-Fisher-Shannon; Foligno-Regin-Neil; Ruutu-Kelly-Cheechoo.
- Prediction panel for tonight's game is close to consensus. (Citizen)
- Looks like Jesse Winchester has finished up his conditioning stint in Binghamton and is back in Ottawa. As mentioend above, he's not playing tonight. (Sharp on the Sens)
- Jarkko Ruutu's making some waves with his offensive contributions so far this season. (CP)
- Nichols takes a pretty cool look at the Senators' giveaway/takeaway ratio, and comments on how that reflects the effectiveness of Cory Clouston's system. Ottawa's best is Jarkko Ruutu (0/5) and the worst is Alex Kovalev (8/2). (The 6th Sens)
- The Binghamton Senators got their first shutout of the 2009 calendar year on Wednesday, coming away from Albany with a 2-0 win thanks to goals from Cody Bass and Martin St. Pierre plus a 25-save performance from Mike Brodeur. (Press & Sun Bulletin)
- Looks like Sens' prospect goaltender Robin Lehner has come down with H1N1 virus. If only he was a Calgary Flames or Toronto Maple Leafs prospect... (Sault Star)
- Speaking of the H1N1 vaccine, the Senators aren't jumping any queues, and Daniel Alfredsson has yet to decide whether or not he'll get one--despite a letter from the Swedish Olympic committee suggesting he do so. (Citizen)
- And again, speaking of it, Pynch is wondering if the fact that Calgary and Toronto got special treatment for H1N1 shots means they have an unfair advantage over their competition, including particularly the other four Canadian-based teams. (Another Sens Blog)
(Read one more... )
- A little late, but Dustin Penner and Andrew Cogliano dressed as Dany Heatley and a "no-trade Claus" (Santa Claus with 'no-trade' written on him) for Hallowe'en. (Oilers On Demand, h/t 6th Sens)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team