An off-day batch of Ottawa Senators headlines for you today:
- Ottawa is looking to keep getting better. They'll need to in order to keep climbing in the standings. (Citizen)
- Daniel Alfredsson will be a Senator for life. Unless the team really sucks. Like, really sucks. (Sun)
- Too bad for him, but Pascal Leclaire might have to wait a bit before getting a real shot at starter again. (Citizen)
- A great look into Wade Redden's journey from where he was just a few years ago--near the top of the NHL's defencemen--to where he is today. Favourite part has got to be the excitement from youngster Jyri Niemi at the prospect of being able to learn from Redden. (Sun)
- Also Redden-related, the most disappointing loss in his memory was that in 2003 against the New Jersey Devils, after the team rallied back from a 3-1 deficit only to lose in game seven. (Sun)
- And finally on Redden, the knock on his play is one that Sens fans will probably remember from his later days: He needs to up the intensity in his game. (Sun)
- I'll be honest, when the Wolf Pack change to the Connecticut Whale, I might want to get a Redden jersey. Seriously.
- Milks looks at the tough stretch for Ottawa: Atlanta might not be the hardest of opponents (although they are much-improved), but after them comes Vancouver, Boston, and Philadelphia in quick succession. (Black Aces)
- Hey, Roman Wick has a few points now! Who said he was a complete bust? (Hockeyfans [translated])
- And while Wick was getting a couple points, Bobby Butler was netting a hat trick and Robin Lehner his first meaningful pro shutout in a 5-0 win over the Syracuse Crunch. (Syracuse.com)
- Finally, on the nickname front: Someone was telling me last night of their nickname for Brian Elliott: "The Accountant". Because: One, 'Brian Elliott' is not the name of a professional athlete, but that of an accountant; and two, because he's on the money. Not too bad.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team