Here are some Senators headlines for any of you with a case of the Mondays:
- All Senators hit the ice today at practice, including Nick Foligno who skated alone.(Mendes)
- Foligno might even be able to join the team at some point on the road trip. That would be a huge boost for the team, even if it is unlikely. (Mendes)
- Roy MacGregor looks at how bad the flu was on the Senators' bench. "'A couple of times you're calling a player's name," an exasperated Clouston said, "and he's not on the bench."' (Globe)
- James Gordon looks at the importance of the upcoming road trip to Alberta and BC. (National Post)
- Nichols examines possible reasons that Colton Orr held up three fingers after his bout with Matt Carkner on Saturday. (The 6th Sens)
- The Fourth Period reports that progress is being made on getting a deal done with Anton Volchenkov, and that Volchenkov seems intent on staying in Ottawa. Let's hope so. (Fourth Period)
A final note: tomorrow morning we'll be posting an extremely thorough look at the Ottawa Senators' goaltenders and goaltending prospects. Justin Goldman, scout for McKeen's and founder of The Goalie Guild gives us his take on the goaltending situation, and you won't want to miss his in-depth analysis.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team