Another week is over and we are that one more week closer to the season start. In exactly 12 weeks from today, the Senators will open their regular season in Detroit. Yeah, it's getting to be a long wait!
Here are today's links:
- Last summer, I posted this from the Hockey News to be shocked that they picked us to finish tenth last season, when I couldn't see us finishing any lower than second, so that didn't turn out well. This year, the Hockey News ranks the Senators as the third least improved club and they find Bryan Murray's lack of moves to improve the club as baffling. Maybe, just maybe, the Senators are looking towards long term improvement Adam? (The Hockey News)
- The Senators, however, are the twelfth easiest club to support in the NHL, but the easiest club in Canada to support. If we thought Sens fans were fickle, just imagine the others in Canada! Detroit for the record is ranked as the easiest to support. (The Business Journals)
- Ottawa has to be careful in developing their prospects the right away. One only has to look at the Florida Panthers to understand how a whole bucket of high draft picks can go wrong. For this reason, the Senators are taking the right approach with Robin Lehner and Mika Zibanejad. (Ottawa Citizen)
- The 6th Sens comment on how the new Senators draft picks seem genuinely happy to play for Ottawa as they grew up around the time the Senators were in their prime. (The 6th Sens)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team