The Ottawa Senators take on the Florida Panthers tonight in a showdown for last place in the Eastern Conference. To the loser goes the spoils of 15th place! The Senators have also clinched the 7th worst record in the NHL and thus are guaranteed no worse than the 8th overall pick. With a loss and Atlanta gaining a point, the Senators can clinch 6th last and thus the 7th pick tonight!
Here are today's links:
- Game preview. (NHL.com, Sens Extra)
- Everyone predicts a win tonight! (Sens Extra)
- Craig Anderson will start against his former club. (Ottawa Senators)/
General Sens News
- In the big news of the day, the Senators signed college free agent Stephane Da Costa. (Silver Seven Sens)
- Jason Spezza wants to play for Team Canada, while Milan Michalek will play for the Czech Republic. Meanwhile, Ryan Shannon and Nick Foligno have been invited to play for Team USA. Ha! (Citizen)
- Craig Anderson turned down the chance to play for the Yankees since his wife is pregnant. He also prefers to play in Ottawa instead of Florida because well...Florida has no fans. Ha! Funny Adnan! (Sun)
- Does the Senators strong finish give them hope for next season? The team certainly has more belief that it can come back when down in a game. (Citizen)
- Zack Smith hasn't scored for 33 straight games. Does he give a crap? He seems to! (Sun)
- The Senators penalty kill has been all kinds of awesome, killing 76 of the last 79 power plays. The Senators are now 7th in the NHL on the penalty kill. (Sun)
More after the jump.