The Ottawa Senators offence made an appearance and exploded for five goals. Sadly, so did Johan Franzen. After a 7-5 loss, the Senators do have some positives to build on. Milan Michalek continued his strong play, Peter Regin got a point (three actually) for only the second time since November 15. Chris Campoli also got three points while Sergei Gonchar continued his resurgence and went +3. Still, it was a loss for the fourteenth time in fifteen games.
Here are today's links:
- Game recap. (NHL.com, Sun, Citizen)
- Stats from last night via NHL.com (Boxscore, Game summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, Play by Play, Ice time and shifts, Shot summary)
- Puck Daddy talks about how the Senators were victims of a terrible call last night on the 6-6 goal. (Yahoo!)/
More links after the jump.
General Sens News
- The 6th Sens examines whether Erik Karlsson is really untouchable, including a hypothetical trade for Shea Weber. While I wouldn't even trade him for Weber, I am sure many (all?) would take that. (The 6th Sens)
- Pascal Leclaire is likely never playing for us again. Shocking? (Citizen)
- The Senators are on pace for the fewest goals in a full season in franchise history. (Sun)
General Hockey News
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team