The Ottawa Senators take on Ilya Kovalchuk and the New Jersey Devils tonight. The Devils are on an unbelievable run and Kovalchuk is a big reason why. He has 19 points in his last 16 games and has been very consistent, scoring a point in 15 of those 16 games. On the other hand, the Senators haven't lost two in a row in the Craig Anderson era.
Today is the last call to be stalked by me go to the Senators/Leafs game with me (and others) in April. If you are interested, email me at the address on my profile. I will issue one last rallying call during the game thread tonight.
Also, I picked up my new glasses last night. The switch to half rimless from full rim has initially made me a bit disoriented. Or it could be the new prescription. Do you care? Unlikely. But when you control the nuggets, you control information! <insert laugh>
Here are today's links:
- Game preview. (NHL.com)
- Not surprisingly, everyone on the panel predicts a loss to the hottest team in the league. (Sens Extra)
- Craig Anderson is starting tonight and will be debuting his mask. (Ian Mendes, Mask - #NHL_Sens, Other side of mask)
- Colin Greening is back up with Ottawa. (Scott MacArthur)
More after the jump.
General Sens News
- The 6th Sens wonders if we are being too sentimental in wanting to draft Gabriel Landeskog. Nichols also questions why the Senators, as a playoff team, did not want to re-sign Anton Volchenkov to a contract that ends at age 34, but as a rebuilding team, signed Chris Phillips to a contract that ends at age 35. (The 6th Sens)
- Daniel Alfredsson is trying hard to come back this year. I am not sure if I like this idea, I love Alfie as much as anyone else, but I would rather not have him delay surgery and then be out at the start of next year. (Sun)
- The Senators want to finish the season strong and win some games. But do the fans want them to? (Citizen, Sun)
- Poor Peter Regin, an awful season ended with the news that he will be out 4-6 months. (Sun)
- As mentioned on Sunday, David Rundblad's Skellefteå team plays game one of their playoff series today. Puck drop is at 1:00 p.m. if anyone wants to stream it. (Hockeyligan.se)
- The following players are eligible for the AHL Playoffs for Binghamton. (Binghamton Senators)
- A look at Binghamton goalie Barry Brust and why he is loved by the Binghamton fans. (Citizen)
General Hockey News
- A great interview with Pavel Datsyuk, including his thoughts on Ryan Kesler possibly winning the
DatsyukSelke Trophy. (Yahoo!)
- Vancouver fans have a little bit of fun in California, including wrapping a Canucks jersey and a Canadian flag around a Wayne Gretzky statue. Unluckily for them, it looks like Chicago will make the playoffs after all though. (Yahoo!)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team