The Ottawa Senators returned to #winning ways last night with a 2-1 victory over the New Jersey Devils. It extended the Senators sequence of win-loss-win-loss-win-loss-win to seven games now. It was also the Devils first home loss since February 4 and the first home loss in regulation since January 6.
Erik Condra's two goals also made him the first Senators rookie with at least two multiple goal games in a season since Martin Havlat in 2000-2001. Havlat had three multiple goal games including a hat trick that season, which greatly contributed to me becoming a Senators fan.
With the win, the Senators also jumped out of last place in the NHL and are now only five points behind the Colorado Avalanche. I think Colorado is going to get the first pick. That is one awful, awful team. Moral of the story? Ryan curses any team he likes! Or Brian Elliott does it.
Here are today's links:
- Game recap. (NHL.com, Sun, Citizen)
- Stats from last night via NHL.com (Boxscore, Game summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, Play by Play, Ice time and shifts, Shot summary)
Mrs. Raaymakers', Peter's girlfriend Nikki's nickname of Erik Condra as Anacondra is gaining steam. Check out the title for this goal video. (Ottawa Senators)
- Audio of Jason Spezza's reaction to the win. (Ottawa Senators)
- Craig Anderson video reaction to the win. (Ottawa Senators)
More after the jump.
General Sens News
- The Senators Director of Player Development, Randy Lee, talks about the Senators' prospects. (Ottawa Senators)
- Robin Lehner sat once more, for the third straight game, as Binghamton lost 2-1 last night. Binghamton plays once again tonight, their third game in four nights. Surely Lehner has to play tonight right? (pressconnects.com)
- Patrick Wiercioch had a rough start to the season, but he's picking it up lately. He hopes to be in Ottawa a year from now. Sorry Patrick, the blue line is going to be a bit clogged. (Citizen)
- A brief look at the Senators' new signing Wacey Hamilton. (Citizen)
- Some of the meaning behind the new mask for Craig Anderson. Anderson himself only had one request: a corvette. (Sun)
General Hockey News
- All the talk in the hockey universe is about Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty. Bob McKenzie predicts a two game suspension. (TSN)
- Paul Bissonnette of the Phoenix Coyotes would welcome a move to Winnipeg. His reasoning? Well, the girls are 'undercover hot' in Canada, and as the only team in town, they would get 'first dibs'. (Sun)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team