Only three more days to go! That is all that separates us from the first round picks that we are all so excited for. The one interesting thing I read was that Pierre Dorion, the Senators director of player personnel, said the Senators are not looking to draft a goaltender. I don't really have anything else to rant about in the introduction, so I'll leave it at that! Here is another draft centric version of the Nuggets.
General Sens News
- The Senators are prepared for any scenario that unfolds. They are willing to move up, they are willing to move down, and they are also ready to stay where they are. Tim Murray also said the Senators would consider trading a roster play to move up. The Senators currently have 175 players on their draft list, 150 of them are skaters, 10 of them are goalies and 15 of them are Russians. Apparently Russians are neither skaters nor goalies. They also will not select a goalie in the draft, so the list is really 150. (Ottawa Citizen)
- Dorion also says that the Senators will always pick the best player available and not consider organisational need. Except goalies that is, of course. He did say if Adam Larsson is available at number six, the Senators will take him. (Ottawa Sun)
- Bryan Murray has been busy at the draft recently, trading a first rounder for David Rundblad in 2010, and trading up to pick Erik Karlsson in 2008. With Atlanta trading the 24th pick for Dustin Byfuglien last season, would we consider something similar with our 21st? (Ottawa Citizen)
- Here is a list of every single one of Bryan Murray's draft picks with Ottawa and where they are now. (Ottawa Citizen)
- The TSN mock draft is tonight at 7:30 p.m. on...TSN! (TSN)
- TSN also released their final draft rankings last night. (TSN)
- Stepping away from the draft, here is one offseason ranking that projects us getting another high pick next season, ranking us at 27th in the league. (The Faster Times)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
- Jaromir Jagr might be returning to the NHL with the Pittsburgh Penguins. While I do hate the Penguins, I would love to see the Jagr salute again! (TSN)
- In a shocking turn of events, a player might want to be traded to the Edmonton Oilers. The player is Ryan Smyth. (TSN)
- Craig Ramsay will not be kept as the coach of Winnipeg's new team. (TSN)