The Ottawa Senators once again erased a two goal deficit in the third period, but this time could not come away with the win. They did take a point however in the 5-4 shootout loss to the Atlanta Thrashers, and are now one point behind the Florida Panthers and two points behind the New York Islanders. In the event the teams should finish tied, the Senators would unfortunately win the tiebreaker over both clubs.
Here is the remaining schedule for each club:
- Ottawa: at Tampa Bay, at Florida, host Toronto, host Philadelphia, host Montreal, at Boston
- Florida: at Columbus, host Ottawa, host Pittsburgh, at Washington, at Tampa Bay, host Washington
- Islanders: at New Jersey, host Rangers, host Carolina, at Boston, host Pittsburgh, at Philadelphia/
If the Senators beat Florida on Thursday, that could be it for the #3 position considering Florida's remaining schedule.
Here are today's links.
- Game recap. (Citizen)
- Stats from last night via NHL.com (Boxscore, Game summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, Play by Play, Ice time and shifts, Shot summary)
- Craig Anderson wishes he had better support from his team in the shootout. He also thought the ice was awful last night. (Sun)
More after the jump.
General Sens News
- Sergei Gonchar is feeling better and it is hoped that he will practice with the team when they return from the road trip. (Citizen)
- Daniel Alfredsson is travelling with the team and hopes to use practice time to determine whether he needs surgery or not. (Citizen)
- The Binghamton Senators won all three games on the weekend to extend their winning streak to six games. With six games remaining, Binghamton has a seven point lead for the last playoff spot. (pressconnects.com)
- After having many chances and not putting them away, Marek Svatos is finally getting some breaks. Also, Bobby Butler hasn't scored in eight games. What a bust. (Sun)
General Hockey News
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team