What the... it's a Thursday, and there's no Ottawa Senators game tonight? This is very weird. Oh well, here's a collection of mostly or partly Senators-related stories from around the web.
- Cory Clouston expects someone like Peter Regin to step in and fill the void Milan Michalek leaves on the roster. (NHL)
- Yes, Carrie Underwood was in town last night. Yes, she's engaged to Senators centre Mike Fisher, and yes, she wore a Fisher jersey, and yes, she said this was her kinda hometown. (Citizen)
- Some interesting numbers over at Behind The Net show that the highest-paid players are getting salary increases at a declining rate, compared to the NHL's middle class. Boo-hoo. (BtN)
- Eleven teams are apparently poised to change their jerseys for next season, but Ottawa won't be one of them. (Icethetics)
- Spartacat made a list of the league's top ten mascots! Youppi! should have been number one. (THN)
- UPDATE: Heck of a turnaround recently for the Binghamton Senators: They were 0-8-2 from Feb. 17 to March 2, and have gone 9-3-1 since then. (Sharp)
- Somehow, B-Sens enforcer Jeremy Yablonski has three sports hernias, and that's what's kepthim out of the lineup, and will keep him out for the rest of the year. (Sharp)
- With their 5-3 loss to the Plymouth Whalers, Robin Lehner and the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds are down 3-1 in the OHL playoff series. Lehner has allowed 15 goals against in the four games, for a ghastly 4.09 GAA and only slightly less ghastly .884 SP--a huge drop-off from his regular season numbers (2.80GAA, .918SP).
- The Ottawa 67's, on the other hand, are up 3-0 in their series against the Niagara IceDogs, and have a chance to clinch the win tonight. Senators prospect Corey Cowick has no points so far in the playoffs.
- Out in the Western Hockey League, the Spokane Chiefs are up 2-1 in their playoff series against the Portland Winterhawks, but Senators prospect Jared Cowen hasn't done any scoring, either.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team