All the news that's news to news on this gameday:
- There's going to be a live blog tonight, and it's going to change your life. Visit the blog at 5:30 to get 'er set up, and the live blog goes live at 6 p.m.
- Here's a rather brief preview from the Rangers' side of things; I guess Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson are our only stars? (Blueshirt Banter)
- Who's got two thumbs, speaks limited French, and is part of the Ottawa Citizen's game day panel? This moi. Along with James Gordon, Ian Mendes, Wayne Scanlan, Graeme Nichols, and 'Russel', there's a concensus on the result for tonight's game. Guess who's winning! (Ottawa Citizen)
- Alex Kovalev wants to be an astronaut. Keep shooting for the moon; even if you miss, you'll end up in the All-Star Game. (Ottawa Sun/sign from elementary school classrooms)
- Apparently the Senators aren't quite the draw they used to be. I guess missing the playoffs will do that to a team. What's that they say about being an underdog? (Ottawa Citizen)
- GM Bryan Murray offers his best George W. Bush impression: Stay the course. Don't cut and run. (Ottawa Citizen)
- Ottawa's a different team than they used to be. Thanks, Roy MacGregor. (Globe and Mail)
- The NHL is big business. It's not because of great management or great owners. It's because of great fans, Canadian and American alike. The kind who return quickly even after a bullshit lockout. (Globe and Mail)
- As if the Senators' needed any more motivation for tonight's game, this kid has it in spades (Puck Daddy):
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team