Hey all! A quick and dirty set of Ottawa Senators headlines coming your way:
- For those of you who missed it, the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs schedule has been released. The Senators' first game is Wednesday at 7:00pm. (NHL)
- The games will be on CBC and called by Bob Cole, Garry Galley, and Elliotte Friedman (Mendes)
- Fanhouse has a nice piece up on the big series matchup: Sidney Crosby vs. Anton Volchenkov and Chris Phillips (Fanhouse)
- The Penguins' website has a nice series preview as well. (Penguins)
- The Senators players -- particularly the rookies -- are energized for the playoffs. In case you're wondering why Matt Carkner has had a shaved head the last few games, he got Erik Karlsson to give him a "playoff cut" once they clinched their spot. (Gazette)
- Our friend Meaghan puts up her Ottawa Senators playoff preview post, which is a good read. (Sens at Land's End)
- We'll be compiling playoff predictions as much as we can, but here it starts: Ray Ferrarro says Penguins in 6. (TSN)
Stay tuned here for lots of playoff coverage. Tomorrow we'll have a guest post from our friend Hooks Orpik of PensBurgh, and Wednesday we'll have our own special playoff roundtable. There will also be plenty of other things in the meantime to look forward to as well.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team