We are now less than a month away from the first game of the rookie tournament in Oshawa! And then there will be training camp, preseason and before you know it, the regular season will be here!
Here are today's links:
- Hockey Prospectus, which has been providing detailed analysis of each club's top prospects, finally reached Ottawa. The Sens are ranked as having the 4th best system and their top 10 is: 1) David Rundblad, 2) Mika Zibanejad, 3) Nikita Filatov, 4) Stephane Da Costa, 5) Jared Cowen, 6) Jakob Silfverberg, 7) Patrick Wiercioch, 8) Derek Grant, 9) Matt Puempel, 10) Robin Lehner. To those wondering why Lehner is so low, the writer doesn't consider goaltender propsects very highly due to a higher development risk and abundance of other goaltending talent available. (Hockey Prospectus)
- The 6th Sens reaction to the rankings above, including some explanations for the original writer's rankings. My top five would be 1) Rundblad, 2) Lehner, 3) Zibanejad, 4) Filatov, 5) Cowen. I am surprised by Da Costa being so high, but still he has a lot of potential and I am the kind of guy who will take puck skill and vision over size. (The 6th Sens)
- Speaking of Da Costa, he is determined to make the club this year and he is working hard. He also mentions that he misses his family in France, but he's got to do what he has to do. There is certainly a second line centre spot open if he can outplay Peter Regin and Mika Zibanejad in camp. (Ottawa Senators)
- Mika Zibanejad will wear #93 for the Senators, and thus became the best player to wear #93 for an Ontario NHL club. (Mika Zibanejad)
- Can Sergei Gonchar bounce back? Here he is mentioned as one of the top ten candidates for a bounce back season. (NHL)
- Jesse Winchester received a B- grade for his season. (Senshot)
- Tickets are now on sale to the general public for the home opener, game packs and preseason games. Though, if you chose not to get tickets with us for the home opener, I must ask, why the hell not? We will be 50+ strong! (Ottawa Senators)
Who is the best prospect on the Ottawa Senators?
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team