Summer continues to drag on, which also means hockey isn't on most people's mind. Except us of course. Although, I am finally selling NHL 11 today after months of not playing it, I got to say the $25 I am getting is not a bad price. NHL 12 will be out in seven weeks (I think) so if any of you are planning on getting it for PS3, you can play with me (and Ryan!).
Here are today's links:
- I don't understand why there are no offer sheets in the NHL. There have been some top players available, such as Steven Stamkos, Drew Doughty, and some decent ones like Luke Schenn. Sure you may "lose" a trading partner, but any team that refuses to trade with you is also losing you as a trading partner, so I don't buy that at all. Having said that, Nichols would rather have the four 1st round picks instead of Stamkos, but that's a discussion we've already had here. He also would like Matt Carkner to be the player sitting should one of David Rundblad or Jared Cowen make the club. (The 6th Sens)
- Patrick Wiercioch, bless his heart, is aiming to make the Ottawa roster this year. Good for him for trying, but he's #9 on the defensive depth chart I would guess. (Ottawa Senators)
- Here is another Senators defenceman, Lee Sweatt, hoping to resume his career after he broke his foot with the Canucks last season. He should play in the AHL, but maybe he'll get 4-5 games in the NHL should the Senators run into injuries. (Yahoo!)
- Which NHL players should benefit the most from a change of scenery? This list ranks Nikita Filatov at #4. In addition to a new city, playing with more offensive linemates should help. I am not sure why some fans expect offensive players, especially those not making a lot of money, to play like Selke Trophy candidates. Why don't we expect third/fourth liners to be elite offensively then? (Senshot)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team