With the development camp over, and the free agent frenzy also cooling down, it should be a quiet few weeks until training camp starts in the fall. But for now, there are still a few items worth mentioning.
Here are today's links:
General Sens News
- Jakob Silfverberg is intent on returning to Sweden, but this won't stop Bryan Murray from trying to convince him to stay. Murray also feels both David Rundblad and Jared Cowen are ready and Mika Zibanejad should also push for a spot. (Ottawa Sun)
- Here is an interesting article on the rebuild process in Ottawa. The Senators will have a lot of young players next season, and Murray expects that 4-5 players from the development camp last week will be around until the end of the main training camp. (Ottawa Citizen)
- Mark Borowiecki has come a long way from being a fifth round pick. He was named the hardest working player at the development camp, joining players such as Robin Lehner and Mike Fisher to have previously been named the hardest worker. (Ottawa Citizen)
- With the Senators only adding Alex Auld to their NHL ranks, they received a grade of D for their work. If the grades are judging only their impact on Ottawa's upcoming season, I would agree with a D. But for long term success, sitting on the sidelines should serve us well. (Yahoo!)
- Ryan Keller said ideally he would have loved to stay in Binghamton, but to be part of a different NHL organisation from Ottawa. I guess with all the forwards being called up last year and not him, you can't really blame him. (Press & Sun-Bulletin)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
- After the contracts handed out to Brad Richards and others in the past, how can the NHL get around this blatant circumvention of the spirit of the salary cap? (Yahoo!)
- Will the recent contracts handed out in the free agency period spell trouble in the next CBA negotiations? The Hockey News and The National Post think so. (The Hockey News, National Post)
Between David Rundblad and Jared Cowen, who do you think will start the regular season in Ottawa?