The Ottawa Senators have not lost a game since Wednesday! They take on the New York Islanders tomorrow night attempting to end an eight game home losing streak. That is three shy of the club record of eleven straight home losses. Having ended one streak on Saturday afternoon, here is hoping they can end this and win consecutive games for the first time since December 23 and December 26.
Here are today's links:
General Sens News
- Robin Lehner returned to the AHL last night as Binghamton won 4-3 in overtime. However, Lehner once again was annoyed by AHL fans, this time of the opposition. One fan with a megaphone caused King Lehner to say this: "It was nice (to win) because the fans here are really dumb." I love this kid! (pressconnects.com)
- Can Zack Smith be the new Mike Fisher? (Sun)
- With the team shedding salary, Eugene Melnyk can afford to sell a lot less tickets next year. However, the reaction to the Mike Fisher trade has been generally positive or at least neutral. (Citizen)
- A look at some of the players on the Binghamton Senators. (Citizen)
- A rebuttal to the stupid man's reaction to the Mike Fisher trade. (The 6th Sens)
- A recap of the win over Edmonton from the student newspaper at McGill. (Prince Arthur Herald)
More after the jump.