Last night was a fun night of hockey. The Chicago Blackhawks routed the Vancouver Canucks 7-2 in front of Vince Vaughn and the other Chicago faithful. I also got to hear Chelsea Dagger 8 times (one for each goal, one for the win). The Chicago crowd mockingly chanting "Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"? Also good fun.
That wasn't the most exciting game of the night. When I went to bed, the Los Angeles Kings were leading the San Jose Sharks 2-0. When I woke up, I checked the scores and saw that the Sharks had won 6-5 in overtime. Okay, a good come back. Then I check the boxscores and the King had led 4-0 at one point! Oh boy.
Speaking of collapses, the Binghamton Senators, fresh off blowing a three goal lead in Game 3, went on to allow four goals in the third period. The game was tied 3-3 in the the third period when Binghamton allowed a shorthanded goal and never recovered, going on to lose 6-3. They will be eliminated with a loss tonight. Note, according to some Binghamton fans, now it's Ottawa's fault for sending them too many soft players. Take their players: Ottawa's fault, send the players back: Ottawa's fault.
Here are today's links, as always, brought to you by mangoes, the official fruit of the Silver Nuggets.
General Sens News
- The best mock draft I have seen so far and the first that genuinely takes team needs into account. It is written from the perspective of the Devils, but still well worth reading. For the record, they project Ottawa takes Mika Zibanejad at #6. (In Lou We Trust)
- Here is another mock draft, this one projects that we take Jonathan Huberdeau. It also has Sean Couturier going to Boston at #9 (!!!!). Still always good to see different perspectives. (CBC)
- Post-game recap for Binghamton's loss last night. (Joy Lindsay)
- Robin Lehner is "more than likely" to make his professional playoff debut tonight as Binghamton looks to avoid elimination. (Joy Lindsay)
More after the jump.
After a light schedule last night, there are five NHL playoff games tonight as well as Binghamton playing:
- 1) Washington Capitals at 8) New York Rangers (7:00 p.m. on TSN, Washington leads 2-1)
- 2) Philadelphia Flyers at 7) Buffalo Sabres (7:30 p.m. on TSN2, Philadelphia leads 2-1)
- 4) Pittsburgh Penguins at 5) Tampa Bay Lightning (7:00 p.m. on CBC, RDS, Pittsburgh leads 2-1)
- 4) Anaheim Ducks at 5) Nashville Predators (8:30 p.m. but joined in progress on TSN after Capitals/Rangers, Nashville leads 2-1)
- 3) Detroit Red Wings at 6) Phoenix Coyotes (10:30 p.m. on CBC, Detroit leads 3-0)
- 2) Manchester Monarchs at 3) Binghamton Senators (7:00 p.m. on Team 1200, Manchester leads 3-1)
Here are some other links:
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team