The Binghamton Senators won their fifth straight game last night, which happens to coincide with Robin Lehner's fifth straight start. Lehner's playoff stats are now 5-0 with a 2.65 GAA and stopping 92.6% of shots. Bobby Butler also scored for the fifth consecutive game in a 5-3 Binghamton win. Binghamton was outshot 46-26 but Lehner made 43 saves. Also worth noting is that Lehner did not get one of the three stars in his 51 save performance in Manchester and he once again didn't get one last night. The Baby Sens now lead the series 2-0, and have three consecutive home games to hopefully close out the series.
In the night's only NHL game, the Vancouver Canucks beat the Nashville Predators 1-0. I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats, it seems like Nashville was completely awful, firing only 11 shots in the first two periods. Apparently, Pekka Rinne kept the score much closer than it should have been.
Also, 25 people on Silver Seven Sens (okay 24 people plus Ryan's random generator) made predictions for the second round. The predictions were heavily in favour of Washington, Boston, Vancouver and Detroit. Only one person picked against the majority in three of the four series. That would be our dear Peter who picked Washington, Philadelphia, Nashville and San Jose. Also, no one predicted a Tampa Bay/Philadelphia conference final. Here is a summary in graph form.
Here are today's links, brought to you as always by mangoes, the official fruit of the Silver Nuggets.
General Sens News
- Game recap of the Binghamton win. (Press & Sun-Bulletin)
- Highlights of Binghamton's game two win. (Sens Extra)
- Notorious bad guy Chris Kelly, with 12 points in 13 playoff games over the last two seasons, is fitting in very well with the Boston Bruins. (Citizen)
- If you want to see the Binghamton Senators in person tomorrow night, a bunch of Ottawa fans are organising a trip for game three. Cost is $90 including tickets and bus fare. (Red Scarf Union/Sens Chirp)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
There are two games tonight in the NHL playoffs:
- 5) Tampa Bay Lightning at 1) Washington Capitals (7:00 p.m. on TSN, series tied 0-0)
- 3) Detroit Red Wings at 2) San Jose Sharks (10:00 p.m. on TSN, series tied 0-0)
- The round two picks from the writers at Puck Daddy. (Yahoo!)
Here are some others links:
- Tim Thomas doesn't like P.K. Subban too much because he dives, is selfish, and is a general douchebag. Okay the last part is just my opinion. Subban is a good hockey player, but he has zero class. (Sun)
- Here is an awesome eulogy for the 2010-2011 Montreal Canadiens. AU REVOIR! (Yahoo!)
- Speaking of the Bruins/Habs, here is Jack Edwards ranting about Montreal royalty and the Boston Tea Party. This is so, so awesome. I love Jack Edwards! Best. Homer. Ever. (Yahoo!)
- Here is another eulogy for a team I absolutely hate, ladies and gentlemen, the 2010-2011 Pittsburgh Penguins are dead. Goodbye! (Yahoo!)
- Lindy Ruff will continue to stay on as the Buffalo Sabres coach. If you think Bryan Murray's been around a while, Ruff has been in Buffalo since 1997. (Yahoo!)