Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Senators headlines in a special Saturday edition!
- As we reported earlier, hockey training video icon and accused loafer Alex Kovalev is going to be out for the playoffs after that knee injury sustained against the Tampa Bay Lightning. (Silver Seven)
- Pascal Leclaire gets a bit of a surprise start in net tonight, which is either to get him into a rhythm in case he's needed in the playoffs, or to prevent Brian Elliott from suffering the same fate as Filip Kuba and Alex Kovalev. (Sens)
- Tonight's prediction panel. (Citizen)
- The Binghamton Senators won an important game last night, but due to their rivals in the playoff race winning, the B-Sens have been eliminated from the playoff hunt. Expect a few Binghmaton players to be called up for the playoffs, including Jonathan Cheechoo, Zack Smith, and Mike Brodeur. (Press Connects)
- When asked how long tonight's 1000th game ceremony would take, Daniel Alfredsson quipped "Eleven minutes, hopefully." He then added, "It could end up being 13, but then I’d have to throw my stick again." (Sun)
Entering a playoff hockey pool? Take Erik Karlsson! (Sun)
Our friends at The 6th Sens want your vote for the Sprague Cleghorn trophy, aka the Reverse Masterton, awarded to the player "who best exemplifies the characteristics of selfishness, sore losing and general douchebaggery." (6th Sens)
The Hobey Baker was awarded to Blake Geoffrion. The Senators' Bobby Butler was a top-three finalist. (Fanhouse)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team