Hey! It's Ottawa Senators headlines!
- UPDATE: Zach Smith has been sent back down to Binghamton. (Senators)
- The Sens are hoping that Anton Volchenkov is ready to play tomorrow, but Milan Michalek is still not expected back until the final game or two of the season. (Sens)
- With last night's win, the Senators need only a single point in tomorrow's game against Carolina to clinch a playoff spot.
- Hockey's Future has posted a look at the Senators' European prospects. (Hockey's Future)
- Remember how we were celebrating Erik Karlsson's 3 point game? The NHL has removed Karlsson's credit on the second Ottawa goal, giving it to Daniel Alfredsson. It's a shame, because Karlsson would've been the first rookie defenseman in NHL history to have back to back nights with three or more assists. (NHL)
- Alfredsson's newly added assist on that goal gives him four assists on the night. That puts him at 989 points all-time, ever closer to that 1000 mark. His 48 assists on the year are 13th in the NHL.
- Bobby Butler had a pretty good experience at his first NHL practice: "I just kind of soaked it all in. I was just looking around, looking at the name tags. It’s an honour to be here and it’s just unbelievable I got an opportunity like this." (Citizen)
- SBN's power rankings are back, and the Sens are in the twelfth spot. (SB Nation)
- Some MSM recaps from last night's win over the Washington Capitals: Washington Post, CBC, National Post, Sun, Citizen.
- How did captain Daniel Alfredsson welcome Butler? "He has to dry my skates, go get me drinks. I usually break them in that way." (Slam)
- Ken Campbell notes that though college signings are a great way to stock the cupboards, few end up being high-end NHL players. (Metro)
- The best part about Alex Kovalev's OT goal? Cory Clouston told the media "It'll probably keep you guys off his back a little longer." (Citizen)
- Tarik El-Bashir of the Washington Post is wondering if Caps fans should be concerned with their team's three-game losing streak. (Capitals Insider)/
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team