Hi all, just a quick question from me today that I plan to follow up in the Tuesday nuggets!
There's been a lot of discussion recently on the differences between certain pairs of Senators players, and I'm curious to hear all of your comments on each set! Unfortunately, you can't create multiple polls, but instead, i'm going to create a "comment thread" for each set of players where you'll hopefully discuss your thoughts on each pair of players. As always, I'm always open to feedback so let me know if you could think of a better way to do this sort of exercise and whether you liked/disliked it. Thanks!
Mika Zibanejad OR Kyle Turris
Patrick Wiercioch OR Jared Cowen
- The Senators played two, high-octane games this week against the Stars and Canadiens. Here's your recaps for Tuesday night's game against the Stars. As with the last two games, Pan and Canuck recorded a podcast right after the game, which I've been really enjoying! [Silver Nuggets, Rank the Performances, Sens Callups, Ottawa Citizen, SensChirp, SenShot]
- Next, last night's recap against the Montreal Canadiens. Can we call all teams the Montreal Canadiens so Pageau can go nuts on them? (or play the Habs on a back-to-back every time) [Silver Seven, Rank the Performances, Ottawa Citizen, SensChirp, SenShot]
- Two news updates from Nichols from Bob McKenzie, who says that the Senators are still trying to add an offensive piece, and Mike Liut, who is now representing Marc Methot and will be working with the Senators soon to try and get an extension done. Jack also has thoughts these two pertinent pieces of news. [6th Sens - McKenzie, 6th Sens - Methot, SenShot]
- Comedy Sentral is the Next Best Thing in the Sens blogosphere and you're missing out if you don't check out the fantastic work by Capital Gains. [Bonk's Mullet]
- Are the Senators better under Dave Cameron? They've certainly looked that way. Travis has a two part series examining this. [SenShot Part I, II]
- A piece on Robin Lehner, who always says that he likes to play a lot to be in a rhythm, and has struggled recently getting spot duty while Craig Anderson has taken over (in contrast with how they split games in the beginning of the season). Nichols then touches on the Sens goaltending as a whole, and it's clear that management wants to keep the duo of Anderson and Lehner intact. [Ottawa Citizen, 6th Sens]
- We've continued our look at the Senators batch of 2015 RFAs. Michaela and I looked at the dynamic rookie duo (despite the age difference) of Mark Stone and Mike Hoffman. [Silver Seven - Stone, Silver Seven - Hoffman]
- Speaking of prospects close to being NHL-ready, most of them are already on the NHL roster for Ottawa. Thus, they don't have anyone ranked in prospect guru Corey Pronman's top-50. [6th Sens]
- B_T looked back on our season predictions and provided an update on where we stand. Please ignore the fact that I had Lazar only playing 9 games... [Silver Seven]
- A piece on Jason Spezza, who is happy being part of the core in Dallas instead of being the star piece. [Ottawa Citizen]
- Since that playoff series versus the Habs, the two teams have taken very different approaches. Here's a cool piece that compares and contrasts the two rivals. [Ottawa Citizen]