Instead of a thought or some other opinion piece, I want today’s Nuggets to just have two simple questions:
First, where do you think the Sens will finish the season?
And second, is that better or worse than what you thought at the start of the season?
NKB asks this question a bunch on Twitter, and I hoped we could have a little chat about it in the comments. My answer is that I expect the Sens will finish in a wild card position. I expected them to miss the playoffs, so this is improvement. Overall, this team looks a lot better than I expected, 20 games in. Their ability to limit high-danger chances in particular is impressive.
Share your thoughts in the comments!
- Two games this week so far. First, an OT loss to the Flyers [Silver Seven, SensChirp]
- And second, a loss to the Sabres [Silver Seven, SensChirp]
- Craig Anderson is one of the most underrated players the Sens have ever had [Silver Seven]
- And as such, we should send him to the All-Star Game [Silver Seven]
- Nichols looks at Matt Puempel’s comments about his (mis)usage by the Sens [6th Sens]
- Callum looks at the unique circumstances that have given Mike Condon the chance to be Ottawa’s #2 [Silver Seven]
- From a week ago, but still well worth the read. Be_rad takes a look at why this season’s hot start doesn’t look as questionable as last season’s [S7S Fanpost]
- Fans don’t seem to be buying into the Sens’ success so far, at least as far as buying tickets is concerned [Sportsnet]
- Apparently Guy Boucher was pretty angry after last night’s game [Ottawa Citizen]
- Apparently all of Melnyk’s whining was for nothing, because he’s still given the green light for an outdoor game at TD Place [Ottawa Citizen]/
- A fun story about how Phil Kessel has because the life of the Penguins’ locker room [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
- An in-depth look at William Nylander to see if he’s as lazy as the media suggests (spoiler: he isn’t) [PPP]
- A look at the latest don’t-want-to-play-him, don’t-want-to-lose-him-on-waivers conundrum: Oscar Lindberg of the Rangers [TSS]
- A look at how loving hockey and playing for the love of the game aren’t the same thing, in light of the NWHL proposed pay cuts [The Ice Garden]/
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team