Not as much going on in Sens news today, but Nikita Filatov did cause a bit of a ripple with a revelation. That's all I got for an introduction so here are today's links.
- Nikita Filatov told Sovetsky Sports that he was promised first or second line minutes, as well as power play time. Cue the uproar about entitled Russians! I don't know if "promise" was the right word, but I would be very disappointed if Filatov is being made to play in the bottom six. (Dmitry Chesnokov)
- Here is another take on it, suggesting that maybe some context was lost in translation, especially with respect to 'promise'. Still, on this Ottawa team, there aren't any options better than him in the top six. (The 6th Sens)
- So, apparently Stittsville has its own newspaper. That's adorable. Here they take a look at the Senators 20 year history and the big dates in the upcoming season. I do love the weekend in March where they host both Toronto and Montreal, there is a good chance I will be there. (Stittsville/Richmond EMC)
- A listing of the Senators home schedule and how they classify into gold/silver/bronze pricing. All the games against Toronto, Montreal and Pittsburgh are classified as gold, among others. Remember, game packs go on sale tomorrow at 10 a.m. (Ottawa Senators)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team