The second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs doesn't look to be any where near as fun as the first round. The Washington Capitals were swept away in the second round by the Tampa Bay Lightning, and the Detroit Red Wings and Philadelphia Flyers both face 3-0 deficits against the San Jose Sharks and Boston Bruins respectively. If the Vancouver Canucks can finish off the Nashville Predators in five games by Saturday, will we have a week off where no one plays or will the NHL move up the schedule?
Also, yes, I predicted the Capitals would win the cup and I am sad that Alexander Ovechkin will have to wait some more to finally win a Stanley Cup. But I was way off, so you can mock me!
There doesn't seem to be much Sens news, so I will resort to posting stuff that might
effect affect the Senators.
General Sens News
- Here is a good comparison of Sean Couturier versus Jonathan Huberdeau from a New Jersey Devils perspective. Since we have a good chance at picking the player that the Devils don't pick, it is an interesting read. It is pretty in-depth and looks at how they compare when they faced the same level of competition. Huberdeau has been much better in the playoffs than Couturier, albeit against easier competition. (In Lou We Trust)
- Also from the Devils blog, a look at their top five draft prospects for the 2011 draft. (In Lou We Trust)
- Jared Cowen may play tomorrow but nothing is official yet. (WBNG)
More after the jump.
General Hockey News
- Here is the Washington Capitals eulogy courtesy of Pittsburgh Penguins fans. (Yahoo!)
- Alexander Ovechkin is expected to play for Russia now at the World Championships. (IIHF)
- Here is an argument for the Flyers goaltending not being the main problem for their troubles. (Yahoo!)
- Have you ever wanted to prank the annoying Habs fans in your life or at work? Well, here is a great one! (Yahoo!)