As I write this to you, I am very sleepy. Also, I have tried to watch the playoffs, more than I have ever watched non-Sens hockey. Still not the same without the Sens though, no matter how good the games. Please Craig Anderson, please be awesome next year and send us to the playoffs.
Still, it's not like I have no emotional investment. I can still cheer against the Habs, who were put in their place and lost last night. Although, the Bruins were hanging for dear life until
notorious bad guy Chris Kelly scored into the empty net. For one night, a 3-0 Boston lead turned out to be safe.
In the day's other games, the Flyers beat the Sabres 4-2 (yay!), the Penguins beat the Lightning 3-2 (boo!) and the Red Wings beat the Coyotes 4-2 (yay!). Also, Chris Kunitz has a disciplinary hearing today for his elbow on Simon Gagne. If he is suspended, it will be the fourth time a Penguins player has been suspended this season (two for Matt Cooke, one for Eric Godard) not including the fifth that Kris Letang should have faced for his hit on Jason Spezza. There is just something about that club.
Here are today's links, as always, brought to you by mangoes, the official fruit of the Silver Nuggets.
General Sens News
- Bryan Murray has made some great draft picks, but he's also made some terrible trades, and given out some terrible contracts. Here is a look at all the trades made by Murray. By my calculations, the trades average out to about a C+ which sounds about right. (Cory Clouston Fashion Review)
- Nichols answers a bunch of Sens questions from readers, including one from yours truly. I will be honest though, when I sent in the question, I didn't think it was going to be a serious discussion. (The 6th Sens)
- While Robin Lehner would love to play instead of being the backup right now, he accepts it. Also, when he was a child, Robin Lehner's dad shot the puck so hard at Robin Lehner's dad's son, that the neighbours complained to a children's aid society. (Citizen)
- The latest ISS rankings differ significantly from the NHL Central Scouting rankings. Sean Couturier is third overall instead of sixth in North America. Jonathon Huburdeau down all the way to 8th in these rankings instead of 3rd in the NHL Central scouting rankings. (TSN)
- The Binghamton Joy Lindsay) play Game 4 tonight, hoping to even up their series against the Manchester Monarchs. Here are some news and quotes. (
More after the jump.
There are only two games tonight in the NHL as well as Binghamton playing.
- 1) Vancouver Canucks at 8) Chicago Blackhawks (8:00 p.m. on CBC, Vancouver leads series 3-0)
- 2) San Jose Sharks at 7) Los Angeles Kings (10:30 p.m. on TSN, series tied 1-1)
- 2) Manchester Monarchs at 3) Binghamton Senators (7:00 p.m. on Team 1200, Manchester leads series 2-1)
Here are the other links:
- NBC and Versus have extended their US TV deal with the NHL for a whopping 10 years. This should also increased the salary cap and thus the floor which is cap minus $16 million. (Yahoo!)
- Here is Chris Kunitz being a Pittsburgh Penguin. Which means, being a dirty bastard. (Yahoo!)
- Jack Edwards is awesome. (Yahoo!)/
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team