Dany Heatley: I know, I know, I'm sorry. I hate him, you hate him, we all hate him and yet he is 1st all-time in points per game in the history of the Ottawa Senators. He is the only 50 goal scorer the team has ever had, and he did it twice. He gave the Senators a bona-fide sniper who could just flat out score, and he tied with Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson in playoff scoring on the way to the Stanley Cup finals. How many of you will be able to vote for him?
Shawn McEachern: Shawn played 6 seasons for the Ottawa Senators and was a key component to the Yash-Mac-Dack line that was the first big line threat the Senators ever had. In his most productive season as an Ottawa Senator, McEachern put up 32 goals and 72 points in the Jacques Martin era.
Milan Michalek: Though he has only played 3 seasons with the Ottawa Senators (two of them injury shortened) he has already done his best to help fans forget Dany Heatley. Last season, finally healthy and showing what he could do, Michalek managed to pot 35 goals and 60 points. If he continues to produce that way goal-wise, you may be able to make a compelling case for him.
As a side note, looking through all the players to ever play for the Senators, outside of these three, we've had some DISMAL left wingers. Martin Havlat and Marian Hossa both played the right side despite shooting left.
- One of my all-time favourite Senators blogs was written by a man known simply as SLC. Now from time to time he pops out of retirement and writes a fanpost on our wonderful site. You gotta be crazy if you think it will be anything but my first link. [SSSFanpost]
- Bryan Murray talked to the media this morning and here is the audio from that. [SensExtra]
- Its official: Erik Karlsson to Helsinki, joining Jarkko Ruutu [SensExtra]
- Mika Zibanejad drinks chocolate milk for money. Hey, everyone's gotta make a buck when you are locked out! [6thSens]
- Elliotte Friedman is back writing about hockey, which is excellent news even if there isn't hockey to write about. So he is talking about ranching instead, courtesy of the Detroit Red Wings. [CBC]
- ADNAN, ADNAN, GOOD NEWS! KHL may be coming to Canadian TV! [Sun]
- NHL with a list of underrated players in history. [NHL]
Who is the Senators all-time best left winger?