Today we look at our all-time right wingers. The best of them is Daniel Alfredsson. Never would I argue that. However, the Senators have had some wonderful right wingers. So I'm thinking outside the box. Who would you choose all time to be the Senators extra attacker when they need a goal (think hero line)? Daniel Alfredsson of course. So I am appointing him extra attacker, and leaving him out of the right winger conversation. Without further ado, here are your options!
Marian Hossa: I still love this guy. I cheer for him no matter where he goes. Marian started his wonderful career here and played nearly 500 games in an Ottawa uniform. In that time, he posted 390 points, good for 6th all time. He put up seasons of 45 goals and two seasons with over 80 points. He actually played more games for the Senators than Dany Heatley and put up monster numbers in the Jacques Martin trap era.
Martin Havlat: Quite possibly the most exciting and electric talent to play for the Senators. Havlat had blinding speed, dazzling moves and highlight reel goals. Though he never played as a top line player for the Sens (due to Hossa, Alfie and/or Heatley being ahead of him), he still put up 235 points in just 298 games. What would have happened if he had played a few more seasons here?
Chris Neil: Here is a sentimental choice, much like Mike Fisher the other day. Neiler has played the 4th most games in Senators history and should pass Wade Redden in the next couple seasons. The key with Neil is that he has bled Senator red in every one of those games. He has never been the most talented, but you can see the passion and love he has for this team.
Alex Kovalev: Just kidding.
- Luke Richardson is settling into his new role as the Bingo bench boss. Here is hoping he has some great success as coaching can be a very important thing in the organization as Paul MacLean showed last year. [SenatorsExtra]
- Speaking of Binghamton, here is their training camp roster. Doubt we'd be able to catch any preseason games, but it would be nice. [BSENS]
- The prospects who are at the B-Sens training camp have a nice opportunity to strut their stuff for Sens brass. [SensExtra]
- Nichols does what he does best, transcribing Murrays on the radio and providing great thoughts. [6thSens]
- Some more 6th Sens, this time with the scrum Bryan Murray was in earlier in the morning. [6thSens]
Who is the best all-time Right Winger?
|Other (please be specific in the comments!)