Silver Nuggets: A Very Brief Article On Team Weaknesses
Hey now, we can't get ahead of ourselves, we've only spanked the first two teams we've played.
I was talking to a Leafs fan friend of mine (there are many in Kingston) and he said something to the effect of "everything is rolling pretty nicely for your Senators right now eh?".
And its true. While it is only two games into a long (short) season, the Senators look very very strong. Granted, they have only played the Jets and the Panthers, but with wins of 4-1 and 4-0, there aren't many things that are cause for concern. They aren't giving up many (any) goals, the offence seems to be moving in a great direction, all 4 lines seem to have good chemistry and seem to be driving possession.
The powerplay looks very good and seems to be moving the puck around beautifully every time out, and zone entries are almost too easy. Other than Dustin Byfuglian's monster shot on the first penalty kill against the Jets, the penalty kill has been really really strong.
Two early concerns have actually been strengths as Craig Anderson has played extremely well and the skeleton defence has actually played very well, especially Patrick Wiercioch and Marc Methot.
So I guess my question is this: what do we think the biggest weakness is for this team so far?
- Recap: Beauty game last night, especially by Kyle Turris. Darren has the facts if you missed out. Also, the GDT yesterday was outrageous fun. [SSS]
- #24 on the top 25 under 25: Eric Gryba [SSS]
- Booby lets you know what is happening in our wonderful world of prospects. [SSS]
- Ian Mendes has your MacLone story here, and if you missed it you have to read it. [Sportsnet]
- Speaking of MacLone, he gave the guys at Puck Daddy the creeps. I just want to be friends with him. [PD]
- Ken Warren dissects a game full of stories. [SensExtra]
- Missed this amazing feature from the 6th Sens that tracks all the scoring chances. Here it is for game two! [6thSens]
- And here they are with a cool story about a tiny Russian D-man that Murray may be interested in, with a high five to Sergei Gonchar. [6thSens]
- Matt Greene of the Kings is GONE for the season! Interesting to see how that plays out. [SBN]
- Marian Hossa is the man and I love him. [SBN]
- Damien Brunner with a beauty to win the game last night. [NHL]