The Ottawa Senators announced today that they have traded Shawn Weller to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Jason Bailey. Both prospects are wingers who were previously drafted in the third round of NHL Entry Drafts. While Weller spent most of his time last season in the AHL, Bailey spent the majority of his 08-09 campaign in the ECHL with the Bakersfield Condors, where he recorded two assists and 44 penalty minutes in 35 games.
On a related note, Jason Bailey was born in Ottawa, Ontario, while Shawn Weller was born in Glens Falls, New York.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team