Not the big free agent splash you'd expect on July 1, but a couple of depth signings have been made.
Erik Condra, the Sens' 7th round pick in 2006, has signed an entry-level deal. The right-winger led Notre Dame in scoring in each of his four seasons, scoring 48 goals while adding 110 assists for 158 points in 159 career games. (link)
|2008 - Martin St. Pierre||14||2||2||4||-1||4||0||1||1||0||15||13.3|
Martin St. Pierre is a centre who was previously in the Boston Bruins' system. Playing with the Providence Bruins of the AHL, he was tied for the lead in team scoring with 15 goals and 66 points over 61 games this past season. He also played in the AHL All-Star game. He has been signed to a one-year, two-way contract. (link)
I like both of these deals. I don't expect either to get much playing time with the Senators - if any - but it's something that should please fans in Binghamton.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team