The Ottawa Senators announced this afternoon that they’ve signed Belleville forward Jack Rodewald to a two-year entry-level contract.
A product of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Rodewald joined Binghamton last season after a short stint in the Maple Leafs organization. He had an impressive first season in the Senators organization scoring 18 goals in 66 games - good enough for fourth in team goals. So far this season, he’s currently tied for first on the team in goals and tied for third in team scoring.
Rodewald has spent the first few games playing on an AHL contract but has clearly done enough to warrant an entry-level contract with Ottawa. If he continues his current pace, I can see him earning call-up status for the big club as early as this season.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team