The Ottawa Senators announced today that they have signed prospect Colin Greening to a one-year entry level contract. Greening was a 7th round pick of the Senators in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft who has spent the past four years playing NCAA division 1 hockey.
In 34 games with Cornell this season, the 6'2" 211lb centre netted 15 goals and 35 points. Greening was also recently named the ECAC hockey-student athlete of the year and was recognized with the Lowe’s Senior CLASS award, presented annually to the most outstanding senior student-athlete in NCAA men’s division I hockey.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team