The Ottawa Senators took care of another restricted free agent on Wednesday afternoon, re-signing winger Erik Condra to a two-year, one-way deal. We're still waiting to hear what the cap hit of the deal will be.
Expect the deal to fall in the same range as that of Colin Greening , who signed earlier this summer with a cap hit of $817k.
Update: TSN is reporting the deal has a cap hit of $625,000.
AnaCondra split last season between Binghamton and Ottawa, recording 17-30=47 in the 55 AHL games and 6-5=11 in 26 NHL games. It's tough to say where he'll slot into the lineup this season, but barring injury to one of the team's top scorers, it seems likely he'll play on the third or perhaps fourth line.
The Senators still have a number of free agents awaiting contracts, including most importantly Bobby Butler but also Roman Wick, Kaspars Daugavins, Jason Bailey, and Geoff Kinrade. On the plus side, it's unlikely any of them will be tendered offer sheets from opposition teams. (Well, unless cap-floor teams get absolutely nutty.)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team