The Ottawa Senators announced Monday morning the addition of Peter MacTavish to the front office in the role of Assistant General Manager.
News Release: #Sens appoint Peter MacTavish as an assistant general manager: https://t.co/z3ANBi5mJJ— Ottawa Senators (@Senators) September 17, 2018
Communiqué : Les #Sens nomment Peter MacTavish au poste d’adjoint au directeur général : https://t.co/dGEPIyRwAt
MacTavish, 44, earned his law degree in 2002 from the University of Ottawa. He has spent the past 15 years involved in player representation, including his recent work with CAA Hockey. It’s noted that his role will focus on contracts, salary arbitration and “managerial support of hockey operations”.
It should also be noted that MacTavish is listed as “one of” the Assistant General Managers with the Ottawa Senators. We’ll see if a more hockey-focused hire will be coming shortly.
Welcome to Ottawa, Peter!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team