Good news, Sens fans: There's still a chance.
Bad news, Sens fans: It's a 0.1% chance.
According to Sports Club Stats, the Senators have a 1/1000 chance of making the post-season this year. But that's a better chance than Colorado, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay (whose odds are just above 0.0) and apparently the Islanders are already statistically eliminated.
Now, if only we could determine Ottawa's chance at getting the number one overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. According to SCS, Ottawa's projected to finish in 11.77th place, so I don't know what weight the NHL gives to that standing.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team