On Thursday afternoon, the NHL released all 31 regular season schedules to the public.
One dramatic change for the Ottawa Senators in the upcoming season will be the amount of back-to-backs they endure. Last year, the team played in 12 back-to-backs and during the 2017-18 campaign, they will play in 19.
Also, excluding games overseas, the Senators will play in seven afternoon games.
Of their rivals, Ottawa plays Toronto, Montreal and Boston each four times.
Most noteworthy dates (all EST):
- Home opener vs. Washington Capitals - October 5, 7:30 p.m.
- Western Canadian swing - October 10-14
- First home game vs. Vegas Golden Knights - November 4, 2 p.m.
- Game 1 vs. Colorado in Stockholm, Sweden - November 10, 2 p.m.
- Game 2 vs. Colorado in Stockholm, Sweden - November 11, 1 p.m.
- First game vs. Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins - November 16, 7:30 p.m.
- Heritage Classic vs. Montreal Canadiens - December 16, 7 p.m.
- First game at Vegas Golden Knights - March 2, 10 p.m.
- Connor McDavid comes to town - March 22, 7:30 p.m.
- Final game of the season at Boston Bruins - April 7, 7 p.m.
You can find the full schedule here.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team