With their fourth round pick, the Ottawa Senators selected Miami University Redhawks defenseman Chris Wideman. This past season, Wideman had 26 points in 39 games and was named to the CCHA's all-rookie team. The right-hand shooting Wideman stands smaller than the average defenseman, his team's website listing him at 5'10", 177lbs.
Wideman was also recently invited to take part in USA Hockey's World Junior evaluation camp.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team