With some players falling earlier in the draft, the Ottawa Senators opted to keep their third pick in the first-round of the 2020 NHL Draft and select Ridly Greig from the Brandon Wheat Kings.
Here’s what Colin had to say about him as an honourable mention in our look at WHL forwards:
Heralded as the buzzsaw player of the draft, Ridly Greig packs a tremendous amount of energy every time he steps on the ice. He’s a bit slight at 5’11”, but he plays with the confidence of a 6’4” giant with his physicality. He has some good playmaking abilities too and is confident with his stickhandling. He’s also one of the draft’s youngest players, but the million dollar question is whether his ceiling is higher than a bottom-six winger.
Greig was Brandon’s top centre this year and as an August birthday, will have lots of room to grow and develop after putting up 60 points in 56 games. The former 8th overall selection in the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft, the Senators are hoping that Greig adds some more offence to his gritty game.
More to come on this exciting new prospect but, for now, welcome to the Senators, Ridly!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team