It’s one less off-season worry to deal with for the Senators, as they’ve inked Jean-Gabriel Pageau to a three year, $9.3 million dollar contract. Pageau’s arbitration hearing was scheduled for July 28th.
The contract sees Pageau making $2.6m in year one, before jumping up to $3.3m and $3.4m for the final two years. The deal takes him to unrestricted free agency - but does not buy up any of those UFA years.
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (OTT) has settled:— Craig Morgan (@craigsmorgan) July 17, 2017
17-18 – 2.600,000
18-19 – 3.300,000
19-20 – 3.400,000
It’s a solid raise over his two year, $900k per “show me” contract, where he spent the entire contract with the big club where he posted 76 (of his 101 career) points and yet another legendary playoff performance.
Here’s to three more years of him playing like he’s 10 feet tall, being a boogeyman that Habs fans whisper about around the campfire, and even more playoff hat tricks.
The team still has Ryan Dzingel’s arbitration on the calendar for July 21st.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team