Beloved Ottawa Senators pest Jarkko Ruutu has been voted the third dirtiest player in the NHL, according to a recent Sports Illustrated survey conducted that polled 324 of Ruutu's fellow NHLers.
Ruutu received 12% of the votes, putting him slightly behind Chris Pronger and Steve Ott, who each received 13% of voting. Sean Avery (10%) and Scott Hartnell (5%) rounded out the top 5 of this veritable who's who of goonery.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team