The Ottawa Senators take to home ice this afternoon for game two against the New York Rangers, looking to stretch their series lead to two games. After being the more dangerous team in game one, hopes are high for the Sens to make this an incredible playoff run.
Guy Boucher has confirmed that the lineup will stay the same for today, although with the Boucher Blender being in high activity these playoffs, we can’t really be sure what to expect. Here are those expected lines:
Here are some notes for today:
- After being far from selling out last game, ticket sales look to be much higher for this afternoon.
- Fun fact courtesy of Ian Mendes, the Sens have only taken a 2-0 series lead once in franchise history, in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2007 against the Buffalo Sabres.
- Mika Zibanejad's return to Ottawa in the playoffs on Thursday didn't go quite as planned for him, with a 34.62% CF%. Hopefully the Sens can keep him off the scoresheet again today, as he was one of New York's top forwards against the Habs.
- After only allowing one goal last night, Craig Anderson’s SV% is back up to .930. Lundqvist is still rocking a .948, though. Expect big performances from both.
- Nobody on the Rangers has more than four points. They’re a very well spread-out team.
- Still looking for their first career playoff goals today are Cody Ceci, Fredrik Claesson and Ben Harpur. Hopefully one of them can break the ice.
- Derick Brassard is tied for third in playoff scoring, with T.J. Oshie and Phil Kessel.
- Speaking of Brassard, he’ll be today’s feature on the towels being handed out at the CTC. Way to rub it in to Rangers fans./
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||4||Mats Zuccarello||3|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson / Derick Brassard||6||Mika Zibanejad||3|
|Points||Derick Brassard||8||Mika Zibanejad / Mats Zuccarello||4|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman / Derick Brassard||22||Rick Nash||26|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||30:11||Ryan McDonagh||26:41|
|Score and venue adjusted Corsi %||50.99%||7th||49.01%||10th|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Fenwick %||53.35%||2nd||46.65%||15th|
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team