Rookie of the Month, Belleville Woes, and More!
It’s the Thursday edition of Links, News, and Notes!
They may not win every game, but the beat goes on for this young crop of Ottawa Senators. After a week full of intrigue, and dynamite performances, here are some Links, News, and Notes for your Thursday reading pleasure!
- Drake Batherson fell one game shy of breaking the Senators record for longest goal-scoring streak, but he is still riding a seven-game point streak./
- Ottawa Senators forward Tim Stützle was named the NHL’s Rookie of the Month for February!/
Tim Stützle of the @Senators and Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario child life specialist Michèle Taché named @NHL’s “Rookies of the Month” for February. https://t.co/AcwFmHd5kR #NHLStats pic.twitter.com/7wqWYbxmm2— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) March 2, 2021
- The Belleville Senators were dealt another defeat last night, this time at the hands of the Stockton Heat by a score of 4-1. The team is seriously missing last year’s high-end talent, but on the bright side, Egor Sokolov scored his first AHL goal!/
- Turns out Montreal Canadiens goaltending coach Stephane Waite was relieved his duties during the second period of Tuesday’s game against Ottawa. Harsh./
- In fantastic news; Brent Wallace, Marc Methot, Craig Medaglia, and Alex Woods are teaming up for a new project called “The Wally and Methot Show”. I seriously can’t wait for this, some of the best people, and personalities in the business:/
A brand new hockey show is coming.— The Wally and Methot Show (@wallyandmethot) March 3, 2021
Launch episode drops this Friday. pic.twitter.com/pDX6uBGNNh
- As I am every Wednesday morning, I was on Rebel 101.7 to talk about the week that was in SensLand! Check it out here./
- Could Jack Eichel be on the move out of Buffalo? Sportsnet ran a piece explaining why COVID seriously complicates any sort of in-season transaction./
- Stephen Whyno of the Associated Press had a great column on what a COVID season looks like for players off the ice, given all the restrictions that they’re currently dealing with./