Ottawa Citizen crime reporter Gary Dimmock has reported that Senators assistant GM Randy Lee has had a second count of harassment in the second degree added to his charges from the May 31st incident in Buffalo.
This second charge is the same type of charge as the original, just falling under a different subsection. The original charge is under the definition of “He or she strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects such other person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same.” The second charge falls under the definition of “He or she engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose.”
In terms of potential legal consequences, the district attorney is still asking for a fine instead of jail time.
Lee remains suspended by the team in advance of his next court appearance, which is scheduled for July 6th.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team