The Ottawa Senators' first round pick (9th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Jared Cowen, has made the final Team Canada roster for the 2010 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship. The tournament starts on December 26th and takes place in Regina and Saskatoon.
Cowen, a 6'5", 220lb product of Allan, SK is one of three 2009 draft picks to make the team on the blueline, Ryan Ellis and Calvin de Haan being the other two. Cowen is captain of the Spokane Chiefs of the WHL, and currently has 5 G, 12 A, 38 PIM and is +16 after 27 games.
Cowen is one of three Ottawa Senators prospects playing in the tournament, the other two being Jakob Silfverberg and Andre Petersson, both with Team Sweden.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team