For the second straight season, and the third time in six seasons, the Ottawa Senators will take part in Kraft Hockeyville when they take on the Winnipeg Jets at 4 p.m. Does small town Canada really like the Ottawa Senators or the other clubs don't feel like travelling there?
The game will be shown nationally on CBC, for those of you leaving work early.
The Senators are bringing a lot of AHL players to this game, especially in the forward ranks. Here is the lineup, courtesy of Sylvain St-Laurent:
Things to watch for:
- With Brian Lee not playing today, how will the Phillips/Rundblad and Cowen/Karlsson pairings perform? Some fans have wanted Cowen the Barbarian to play with Erik the Viking, will the two find chemistry?
- Newfoundland native Colin Greening will get the chance to impress, playing on the first line with Alfredsson and Zibanejad, will he have a big game in his home town?
- Bobby Butler has had a quiet start so far, can he get going with two players who will not play for Ottawa this year?
- Alex Auld will get his second start and is slated to play the whole game. Looks like Mike McKenna might not see any action in the pre-season. Auld has looked good so far, allowing just the one goal in two half games.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team