The second game of the preseason -- and first in Ottawa -- is happening tonight, giving local fans a first glimpse at some of the new faces that Bryan Murray has been promising them. Fans are in for a bit of a treat, then, as most of the players in tonight's line-up weren't on the roster to start last season (lines courtesy of TSN):
Filatov - Zibanejad - Butler
Prince - Da Costa - O'Brien
Foligno - Regin - Condra
Daugavins - Locke - Parrish
Cowen - Gonchar
Phillips - Lee
Borowiecki - Rundblad
With those lines in mind, here's what I'll be watching:
- The battle for 2nd line centre. Zibanejad, Da Costa, Regin, and even Corey "Long shot" Locke are playing pivot tonight, which should make for an interesting game.
- The Cowen/Gonchar pairing sounds pretty intriguing, doesn't it?
- As indicated in my article this morning, I'm looking for a solid, physical game from Brian Lee.
- Kaspars Daugavins had a spectacular Calder Cup run, and his time to make the Senators is running out.
- Chris Kelly is set to play for the Bruins, so it'll be nice to see his face in Scotiabank Place again.
As always, join us in the comments before, during, and after the game if you want to laugh, cry, or complain.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team