Final game of the pre-season, and then the games start to count! Tonight's lineup is going to look a lot like what you'll probably see on opening night, with the possible exceptions of Filip Kuba on defence (who's out with what is hopefully not a serious lower-body injury) and one of Shean Donovan or Jarkko Ruutu on forward. If I had to guess, I'd say that Christoph Schubert is getting a shot to prove what he can do to coach Cory Clouston, but also to other teams in the event that the swingman gets dealt early this season. I like Schubert, but if he can get a shot on another team's everyday roster, it would probably be best for him.
Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the whole game; I might be lucky to see the second half, but we'll see. So I'll be counting on you, loyal readers, to keep me posted on what happens in this here open thread.
Here's tonight's lineup, according to the Sens' official Twitter:
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team