Montreal Canadiens 4 @ Vegas Golden Knights 1 (Canadiens lead 3-2)
Here we are, the Habs a win away from the Stanley Cup Finals after limping into the playoffs. Carey Price has turned the clock back five years, and Vegas has forgotten how to play hockey. I don't buy anyone saying Montreal is stifling their offence. Their defencemen are making unforced errors at the offensive blue line. Their passes aren't working. Even Mark "Mark Stone Again" Stone made a giveaway that led directly to a goal against. Vegas are throwing their shot against a team they should easily be dominating, and I'd probably find it funny if it wasn't against the Habs.
Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders (8 pm ET; Lightning lead 3-2)
After an 8-0 drubbing last game, the Isles will start this one of two ways: either they will come in firing on all cylinders, or they will come in believing they've already lost the series. Either way, the first 5 minutes will give us a good idea of if it will be over tonight or if there will be a Game 7.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team